Family Resource Network
Family Resource Network is a group of people from our local community that work together to better meet the needs of children and families in our local area. The group includes people who receive services for themselves and their families and other community members who are interested in children and families.
The community plan for Marlinton includes ~
- Community partners are aware of local and state issues that affect families
- Community groups work together to identify and address local issues using relevant information.
- Local Partners work together to maximize community investments.
- Local partners coordinate existing community services to maximize benefits to families.
- Local services and programs are provided in a way that respects and supports families.
- Families have opportunities to impact decisions that affect them.
Laura Young, Executive Director
926 5th Avenue
Marlinton WV 24954
Pocahontas Parents As Teachers (PAT) is a free and voluntary parent support program for families with children from prenatal to kindergarten entry. The program is designed to give all children the best possible start in life. PAT promotes parent involvement in language and intellectual growth, as well as motor and social skills. PAT is open to all families with children from prenatal to kindergarten entry in Greenbrier and Pocahontas Counties, as long as there are available openings. We offer a variety of services for our families as well as the communities in which we serve.
- personal home visits
- weekly playgroups every Thursday at McClintic Library in Marlinton from 10:00 am – 11:30 am (canceled if school is canceled due to weather)
- monthly parent groups
- annual developmental screenings for each child
- referrals to network and community resources.
Contact Sonia Ryder, Parent Educator, for any questions at 304-799-4474
The FRN provides monthly Baby Pantry Trainings with funding from Partners in Prevention. We have a different speaker each month on such topics as Safe Sleep for Children, WIC, Birth to Three, etc. The trainings are held at the FRN office on different days of the month usually at 10:30 am. Fliers go out announcing the class.
Please contact Sonia Ryder for more information at 304-799-4474